Do your beliefs feel good when you think them? Try some of these common ones and notice how you feel in your body when you say them out loud:
- Good guys finish last.
- No good deed goes unpunished.
- It’s really hard to be successful.
- There’s not enough time in the day.
- You can’t beat Father Time.
Ugh. I am cringing. I feel deflated in my chest, and my body is drooping, my energy super low.… because really, what’s the point of life if you actually believe these statements? But we hear them ALL THE TIME. Most of us grew up hearing them, but that doesn’t make them true. What if you chose to NOT believe them? What if you replaced those beliefs with ones that feel better? How would your life change?
- Good guys always win in the end.
- No good deed goes unrewarded.
- It’s fun and easy to be successful.
- There’s always more than enough time to do what’s important.
- You can choose to get better with age!
How do those feel to you? My chest feels airy and expansive. I’m upright, smiling, relaxed, and happy about the limitless possibilities of life. And I’m looking forward to being more fabulous than ever at 50 and getting better each year.
The Universe always reflects back to you what you put out – maybe not in that instant, but it will come back to you. Your present is based upon your past beliefs and actions. Your future depends on what you believe and do today. Feel better today and create a better tomorrow!